Our prices rose DRAMATICALLY today. I fueled up at 2.79 this morning anticipating the prices going up and I'm glad I did. On the way home premium gas was up to 3.39 (though the mid grade, which I use, was only up to 3.29). One gas station across the street from where I live didn't get the memo, obviously, and was still offering mid grade at a paltry 2.89. They had cars lined up like you wouldn't believe.

Apparently two fuel lines into Atlanta went down and everyone is panicking. I heard crazy rumors at work, including one that the city was going to prohibit gas sales during the weekend. Don't know where that idea came from. I've also heard (but haven't verified) that some stations have run out of gas.

I just read this article and really liked what the governor of GA had to say (though I don't know anything about him having just moved here):

Quote:
He acknowledged that while higher gas prices are an inconvenience, Georgians should keep in mind the massive humanitarian disaster in Lousiana and Mississipi where thousands of people may be dead.