Quote:
Okay. Let's assume you're being honest. First off, I think a comparison of guns in red areas versus guns in blue areas would be interesting. Second, despite the fact that NO may well be a very blue area, that still means that you have at least 25% conservatives there, and that's probably a very low estimate. Third, most of the po-ass folks I know are very conservative. They don't seem to follow that that's probably pretty hypocritical to stupid, but them's the facts. Fourth, the reason these people are poor is because they were born poor, not because they chose to become poor or stay poor. When you're in a hole, it's pretty hard to get yourself out of it. It's even harder when you've never seen above it.

Basically, your argument is spurious and offensive. Pretty much the definition of the characteristics of a troll. Odd how trolls always claim they don't know what trolls are.

That said, you do have points about why certain things weren't done by NO itself before the fact. But those arguments, while intellectually important, aren't really relevant now. No more than why NO was built in a hole in the first place. The only people that can help at this point are people from elsewhere, and they're just not getting the job done. It's better to prevent fires than to fight them, but just because they weren't prevented doesn't mean you should ignore them when they burn, even if your only reason is to prevent damage to the rest.

Good points, though putting aside the larger red and blue sides of this issue, my understanding is that a large majority of the guns that are being used by the gangs ruling the streets of N.O. were looted from gun stores?

I agree that it's useless to point fingers when there are still people to be rescued, but I only brought up how NO could have done more because others brought up how the federal government could have done more. I really don't see how this inevitable disaster can be blamed on the president when the problem has been known for decades. From my view here, it doesn't appear that the president doesn't WANT to help, but just that the logistics of this situation is a nightmare. One thing the president could do is allow the dutch teams of dyke technicians to provide their support. I can understand turning down cash from other nations, but turning down technical assistance from the world's best dyke engineers doesn't seem to be wise.