And all the more prescient when you read the NYT article on Bush heading down to tour the area.

Quote:
Mr. Bush will head first to Mobile, Ala., where he is expected to participate in a press briefing on the hurricane damage, according to his press schedule. Afterward, he will fly over Mobile to Biloxi, Miss., where he will participate in a walking tour of damaged neighborhoods.

The president will then view the Mississippi coastline by plane, en route to New Orleans, La., where he will land at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. There, he is expected to issue a statement on the government's recovery efforts.

The NYT quotes Nagin from the same interview:

Quote:
"They were talking about getting public school bus drivers to come down here and bus people. I'm like you got to be kidding me - this is a national disaster," he said. "Get every doggone Greyhound bus line in the country and get them moving to New Orleans. That's them thinking small, man. This is a major, major, major deal. I can't emphasize that enough man, this is crazy."

The one thing that I don't get: there's a refrain of the feds not doing enough. There's nothing stopping the local officials from calling Greyhound.