Quote:
Here's a Washington Post article about some of the very real consquences of Katrina beyond the obvious.

That is an impressive list. We are probably just figuring this out.

Quote:
We live in a complicated interconnected world, and our goverment needs to understand it and behave in a way that acknowledges it. The current administration doesn't, isn't, and refuses to acknowledge facts. They are not "reality-based"

Not to be *too* much of a snob, but this has been pretty obvious to some of us for a while. 'Course those folks who voted for Shrub call us effete elitists. Oh, I don't know. Do they call us that? They don't like us. I know they call us something!

Quote:
*Remember that gem from a quotation in an October 17 New York Times article by Ron Suskind quoting an unnamed aide to the (current) President.

Sadly, I remember this quote very,very well. But some proportion of voting-age Americans -- perhaps a majority! -- saw fit to vote for the ticket of the neocon empiric reality molders.

More sadly, I am concerned that these ignorami have won. Hurricanes or no, the DNC offers no real alternative. I think that I am going to gather up all my powdered milk, all of my beef jerky, all of my AA batteries, and all of my 9mm cartridges and just tip-toe up to the attic.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.