Quote:
Who's going do the first "Nagin for President" T-shirts?

I'm not sure that I think Nagin is presidential material -- 'course lately you could be a Madagascar ring-tailed lemur and get yourself elected if you opposed gay marriage -- but I do at least appreciate that he seemed to be at least *trying* to do the right thing.

Poor Nagin, in good faith he was probably trying to follow all of the disaster plans that they had worked through with the state of Louisiana and FEMA. The notion of pulling the most vulnerable into the Superdome seemed to make a lot of sense. Piece of cake. Once the hurricane has passed, then you just sit tight and wait for the airdrop of bottled water and C-rats...

...hmmmm, seems that was too complicated.

I was reading a few BBS today and I was depressed to see some ignorami opine on how the locals trapped in New Orleans deserved their distress because they ignored directives to flee.

What a bunch of complacent shits. Good god I hope that when the tsunami shit hits the fan here that we get a little more sympathy.

Earth to ignorami: Some very good, salt-of-the-earth people - people who you would do well to emulate and who you would be lucky to be compared to -- don't have bus fare to flee hurricanes. Some others are old. Some are infirm. Many work two jobs just to make ends meet. Oh, that doesn't work for you! Let's try this: women, nurses, not even poor -- I mean *white* women if that's what it takes to get your attention -- let the network news folks know that they have been abandoned by their government. What is your spin on *that*?

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.