Quote:
I again feel there is decency left to discuss this in human terms and leave politics out

"Human terms" is exactly what makes the politics of this situation so important. After we all gasp at the horror of the situation, talk about how sad it is, make donations to the charity of our choice, and pray to our chosen deities for the safety and comfort of those affected, what's left to do?

If, by "politics," you mean partisan politics, I can assure you that I would immediately sing the praises of any Republican who showed the requisite leadership to address this crisis. And I've taken much delight in the media's lambasting of do-nothing Democrats like Mary Landrieu. In fact, the astute observer will remember that I've carried the water for this administration in the past when I thought they were right. I don't care what side of the aisle you're on, your job is to protect our nation from EVERY conceivable threat, not just ones that originate from Muslim extremists.

If this discussion has become too shrill for you to participate, I understand. But please refrain from impuning the "decency" of those who, after the initial shock of the situation has begun to wear off, decide that decisions our government makes or doesn't make are directly relevant to the Hell on Earth that we see on our TV sets.