Blanco is going to catch a lot of flack for this... and she knows it... you can see the guilt on her face. It's interesting that the FEMA guys keep saying they are there at the serivce of the state gov't and will do whatever they are told. As much as the Fed is to blame for the lack of timely response... It's looking like the state sov't is probably more responsible for not calling for the needed help earlier.

WOW... wow, they have a live caller from the convention center on cnn.
he's saying there's 3k people there, and there's no organization at all
5 or 6 police
not doing anything
mayor told them to go to the dome or to the convention center
and they've been there 3 days
with no one to tell them what to do or where to go
no help no food
wow. this guys report is unreal
[censored]
and they are putting him on live with the head of FEMA
holy hell
amazing
see... he's just saying that they are just now learning from the STATE about the convention center
That's amazing. That's the huge problem... the lack of communication. FEMA didn't even KNOW there were that many people in the convention center waiting for them! Don't they [censored] have CNN? Jesus.

Read the stuff I've posted on my weblog: http://www.underachievers.com. Stuff from my Dad who works at LSU. It's neither here nor there right now, but it's sad how scared the residents of Baton Rouge, my home town, are. My friends parents and my parents are seeing the demise of their city in a completely different way.