Quote:

So your walking the thin line of stating statistics that may indeed be factual, and extrapolating from that into statements like "Personally, I think it's their lack of family structures and their thug-like role models." I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you in fact DON'T believe that your statement applies to all black people in the US.

I know for a fact that it doesn't apply to all black people. I have absolutely nothing against an individual black person based on the color of their skin. I'm just trying to point out that there are some big problems in their society.

Quote:
It's a struggle when it's something you experience more times than not. It's a tough topic in general. Ugh... I've had to fight racist thoughts my whole life based on experience and being around racist family members growing up, implanting things at a young age. Do you count yourself among those who have a strong distaste of blacks going back generations? Be honest.

Honestly, I wasn't brought up to dislike black people, so if there is some racism in me, it's based solely on personal experiences. Personally, I've found that skin color is no indication of what's in a person's heart. There are good people in every race, but it's hard not to have a distaste for parts of some races' culture.

I guess what I'm saying is if I meet a black person, I won't have anything against him and I might become friends with him, but I wouldn't want to live in a black neighborhood... I guess that is a little bit racist though...

Quote:

I just wish you had a bit more empathy for those affected by all this who aren't there by choice, and understanding that a majority of those left behind weren't looters, thugs, murderers, etc, but victims of them.

In the end, people are people are people. It serves no real purpose to separate everyone into color groups, because each community affects the other, they aren't worlds unto themselves. Those raping and pillaging were also Americans... does that really mean anything? Does it define us that they were a product of this country?

Well said. This disaster probably hit closer to home for you than for most people. If I came off as callous, I apologize. This whole disaster is a tragedy.