I don't expect anything from anyone. Like I said it's the thought. I guess you may be reading more into this than needs to be. I fully understand your point, although an extreme one at that. No, I don't expect anything from African countries or any where else for that matter. The gesture would be nice. Maybe I'll phrase it this way, a show of concern.

You're right about us providing aid to others because we can/should. I'm not really saying "We do it for them, where's our share?"

Also, I agree with tonyc. Reporting the problem areas and what can be done now to help is a good thing, it needs to be done, but its already gone way beyond that. Not every news station, but some. I also agree that this should have been organized better, there is no excuse to the lack of supplies in the area and getting people out. Overall the media has done well at reporting success stories and communicating areas that need help “NOW”, however there are those stations that are already placing blame. I guess we should expect that unfortunately.

Edited by phi144 (01/09/2005 10:44)