Quote:
te political blogs being political about this as justification for politics being inserted into this? Interesting.

But what if the mainstream media were also asking the same questions? Oh wait, they are. Even The Union Leader, not exactly a liberal rag, rips Bush apart over his response:

Bush and Katrina: A time for action, not aloofness

And, since we're quoting the Times...

Waiting for a Leader

In addition to the scathing criticism of our President's leadership, that Times piece does entertain the possibility that global warming is part of the increase in hurricane activity. I myself am not sold on global warming, nor am I a skeptic, but it's certainly worthy of continued investigation, and it's better to be safe (cut down on greenhouse gases, reduce emissions, etc.) than sorry, unless you own a business that would stand to lose money. In this case, high water temperature (along with insanely low pressure) was definitely a leading factor in Katrina not weakening as she headed towards the gulf coast.

Quote:
Using a tragedy like tthis as opportunity to further a political agenda is tasteless.

Was/is your response the same when the tragedy of September 11th was/is used for furthering other political agendas?

Quote:
The horror that is happening there is bordering on the surreal. Every headline is worse than the one before it and the situation is so bad it's hard for me to comprehend.

On this, we are in total agreement. The worst part? What we are seeing is just the beginning, in fact, the media is keeping some of the worst stories off the air. One can only imagine what those reporters, photographers, and producers are seeing that they *can't* show us. (Though I'd argue they should.)