One of the drawbacks to having a Tivo is that if you really like a show (like Family Guy for example) you can quickly burn through all of the episodes once you set up a Season Pass. Since there is so much talk about Tivos on this BBS, I thought it'd be cool if we shared some of the shows we record and why we like them. Because of a thread here, I now record Myth Busters, and I bet you guys can get my hooked on some new shows too!.

So.. if you have anything you think others would enjoy, just reply to this with a brief discussion.

The Alternative
This is one of my favorite shows on TV now. It is simply a one hour program on VH1 Classics that shows tons of cool videos from alternative and college rock bands of the 70's, 80's and 90's. They not only play some great bands, but they also play the more obscure videos. Some bands I've seen on there: Jeff Buckley, REM, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bauhaus, Carter the Unstopable Sex Machine, Curve, Depeche Mode, Nitzer Ebb, Ministry, Morrisey, Public Image Limited, the Smiths, the Cure, Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Sisters of Mercy, Tears For Fears, Transvision Vamp (I think), James, Violent Femmes, Bare Naked Ladies, New Order, etc, etc. If you don't like any of these bands, I guess you're not interested! Sometimes they have interviews with older artists who are putting out new material or they play interviews from the archives (interesting as well). Aside from seeing some of my favorite bands, they do a good job of playing the videos that never got much airplay - even on "120 Minutes".
VH1 Classics