Quote:
Just like American Dad. Did any of you in the US catch that preview after the Superbowl? It's like Seth MacFarlane was handed a check to do whatever he wanted and thought... "Damn, who can I piss off most with this opportunity?" knowing full well it'd crash and burn. I also find it amusing that the most conservative bashing cartoon ever is airing on what is supposed to be the most right slanted news network.

The Fox Network is not a news channel. Fox News Channel and the Fox Network have nothing in common with each other except for ownership (and one Sunday news program). And I know people will disagree with me, but just because FNC is the most "right leaning" doesn't mean that it is very far right of center. It just means that most other news outlets are more left of center in my (and many other's) opinion. But, it's all subjective so it's hard to really prove. But more importantly, it's politics and I'd rather not drag this thread down that road!

Yet, as a conservative, I really like the American Dad pilot. I have no problem laughing at myself or "my side" and I thought it was pretty good. The alien character needs to be killed off though. From what I read, Seth started work on this show long before the Family Guy became a DVD sales and Cartoon Network success. He basically thought that Family Guy was gone forever and wanted to further "tweak" the concept to try again. Suddenly, Family Guy DVD sales were through the roof and was being brought back and the next thing he knew he had two shows on his hands. I think this explains why the shows are SO similar - they were never meant to be on at the same time. I was a little bummed out at the lack of creativity however. The "American Dad" character is a lot like the Family Guy's police officer neighbor. His daughter is too much like a grown Lisa Simpson (and the politics in family thing was done in Family Ties to death). I don't know. Maybe I just starving so bad for some new Family Guy episodes that this show seemed better than it was! But I can't see Family Guy and American Dad surviving at the same time.