Quote:
But then you go and mention Buffy... Angel.... Firefily... And, the nails-on-chalkboard, OC.

Like I said, the OC is good for about 5 to ten minutes an episode; the rest is terrible, truly nails-on-chalkboard stuff. I don't watch it, but the wife does pull me in to watch some funny parts, and those parts are honestly funny, self-satirical stuff. My opinion is that that satire wouldn't work without the terrible stuff for it to come from, but I could be wrong, and it doesn't make up for it. On the other hand, if you're one to enjoy soap operas to begin with, it'd seem like it's at the top of the pile.

Have you watched Buffy, Angel, or Firefly? For more than one episode here and there? They're often excellent, but it takes a strong knowledge of the characters involved to get it. I've encountered some TV shows like that before that I dismissed, but when people told me that I should really give them a chance, I found that they were really good after all. Some not so much.

Honestly, I can't think of a better consecuritve twelve episodes of science fiction TV that are any better than Firefly was. There's a speech by Ron Glass's character in the pilot (the one they broadcast last) that still gives me chills. Some of the best monologue writing and acting I've ever seen on TV. Period.