Quote:
I think this year's Alias is the weakest by far, inclusive of last year's. The new Black-Ops thing is a joke

Why? It takes them back to the environment of SD-6, which was the show's best time.

Quote:
their new HQ is totally inconceivable,

Huh? Which part of the show is realistic?

Quote:
it's too much like a high-school clique,

If you mean they've fallen even further into the same-people-on-every-mission thing, I agree. At least they have something of an explanation for it now; they seem to be the only field ops for the black-ops unit.

Quote:
they're losing any type of story-arch

I agree here. But give it time. They've only gotten a few episodes in. Of course, it's only going to be a half season anyway.

Quote:
and they're basically falling into the same downward slope that ruined the X-FIles.

Actually, the downward slope that ruined The X-Files started from day one; Chris Carter had absolutely no idea what his story was. I don't think that that's the case here, but it does seem to bear some similarities on the surface.

Quote:
On the surface I like the episodes, but when I compare to previous seasons they fall apart.

Call me silly, but if I'm enjoying the episodes, I'm enjoying the show. I largely didn't enjoy last season's episodes.

"If one more person calls us boring..."
"He didn't call us boring. He called us cold."
"That's beside the point!"

That was honest and funny. And that's about one more honest, funny thing than we saw all last season.