Hi,

I haven't had to worry about drive placement on the cables. Formatted alot of Dual 250GB drive Empeg systems. I haven't used the latest builder though.

Yeah, he should see 244GB for each drive on the Empeg Vitals display (push and hold the round knob on the player for a few seconds, turn it till it highlights Vital Signs, push the knob again).

The first line should say Mk2a: 16MB, 244+244GB.

In Emplode (Windows) it should say at the bottom of the display window 465GB.

That would indicate that you have 2 drives with full formatted (pumped) capacity.

Anyone tried to use a PATA-to-SATA adapter yet with the 250GB or larger 2.5 inch SATA drives? WD has some 750GB & 1TB drives in the 12.5mm high form factor. I would like to have one drive plus the PATA-to-SATA adapter (I have already modified one for proper connectoring).

Have to get the PATA to SATA to work first (if it will work at all), then I'll probably run out of playlist RAM, adjust cache, re-drill the mounting bracket for the 12.5mm height, and so on, and so on. Maybe it can't work and it will put me out of my misery. Seems like a logical upgrade path for the Empeg, now that PATA laptop drives seemed to have topped out at 320GB.

Am I out of my mind Mark? Probably my next Empeg project...

Thanks,

Ross