Wow, where do I start? I'm a professional lurker here, but I like it that way. Many people have more to say, and usually say it better than I can, but I too feel I have to say something.

I've had my Mk2 for over a year now, and have enjoyed every second of it. I'm a Network Administrator, so I work with people who should "get it." Some do, but some don't, and I'm just not sure why... I had an almost religious debate with one of my coworkers yesterday. He contended that the Creative Jukebox was a better solution, since it was portable, and had a battery pack. Then there's another guy I work with. He loves it, and we showed it to his wife. Now SHE wants one.

I guess it's hard to predict who will really "get it", but for those of us that have, we've had something great. Yes, I know SonicBlue will continue with the code base, and pursue OEM contracts, but nothing produced from this will ever be as flexible as what we currently own.

I wouldn't trade the empeg for anything, and I too am seriously considering purchasing a second unit as a backup. This is one of those products that is so good, I just assumed it would always be there. I am actually heartbroken over this announcement.

I am still happy for the guys formerly known as empeg. Without their commitment to a "geek" project, I would never have owned the best car audio system available.

Thank you.

-Trevor

-----
Mk 2, Green 12GB, Tuner 080000349

-----
Mk 2, Green 12GB, Tuner, 2.0b11, 080000349