I've been a fan of the empeg thing, since the original mp3man, it's allways been a great idea, way ahead of it's time.. I'm feeling the same way as he did.

#1: I love my empeg, I wait on the list patiently for a year while the mk1 turned into the mk2, and finaly arrived on my doorstep.

#2: I'm glad the software development will still continue, and I hope that the software will be released in the future with a modular design that will let users do some addon development.. (i'll put in time to write plugins, but not a whole car software)

#3: I'm dissapointed that the hardware thing was "a valuable addition to the sonic blue product line" and then neatly tossed asside when it wasn't perfectly profitable. I'm just glad that if demand arises in the future, the ease of the custom manufacturing of the thing could produce a lot of 1000 for sale. (anyone want to start a web petition on a lot by lot basis?)

#4: I have to say to all my friends that they can't get the empeg anymore.. that's the worst part.. I know people who would love to have it, but were just waiting for the $ to become available.

Hopefully in a year or two, the comonent costs will come down, the US/world economy will pickup again, and we will again have empeg's for sale. I think i'm going to take a chunck from my next paycheck to buy an extra sled, and a 2nd remote.

rob, hugo.. you done good.

12gig red mk2 -- 080000125