Dudeman42: "I'm entitled to any opinion I want to have...and if I want to feel screwed over...I can feel screwed over......you SOLD OUT. You sold your software to Rio......"

Dude,

You are indeed entitled to any opinion you want to have. Little green men trying to penetrate your tin-foil hat with their evil mind-control rays?? Hey, I'm down with that.

My opinion of Rio/SonicBLUE's eptness might just be as low as anybody's on this BBS, and my disappointment that the open-ended Empeg Mk2/3 will spawn no more is probably as great as anyone's, but I'd suggest that, before you stage a mini-WTO riot here, ....DO THE FRIGGIN MATH! Can you spell "cash flow"? Have your read Rob and Hugo's patient explanations of events as they unfolded over the past year? I guess I can understand your bitter feelings ....I just have to assume that your expectations are a notch different from mine and that you have perhaps been walking around with your eyes closed.

As seriously disappointed as I was by the EOL news, I have to say that I am still pleased to own an Empeg. Yeah, the future is uncertain, and I'm not sure I can afford a "spare", but I still want to thank Hugo, Rob, Steve et al for producing this marvel. I look forward to version 2.0. If circumstances dictate that I move *back* on to my sailboat to weather the current recession, it will be fantastically great to have all of my music available while my CD collection sits in dead storage. Yeah, I hope my Empeg doesn't break. Yeah, I hope Hugo will be there if it does. Yeah, only time will tell.

If you're still hopelessly pissed off to the point that you may never enjoy your Empeg ever again, I have a solution: Open it up, take out the severely depreciated commodity components (i.e. the hard drives) and send it to me. I will send you $600 via Paypal. Does this work? Would this help you move on?

Geeez, you think you got problems. Wanna help me find somebody to install the Empeg in my DeLorean????

Jim

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.