I wouldn't suggest that TiVo has done that well. They really haven't had much market penetration and they even have been advertising on TV. That market will definitely be there but who knows if TiVo can stay alive.

I think it's a mixture of climate and technical savy required to properly operate it. Despite Tony and everyone's efforts, the empeg remains for the geeks early adopters.

As to feeling taking advantage of, I can see where one feels like a tool of SonicBlue's.
Promised features were put on the back burner more than occasionally for secret projects under the premise that we, as consumers would be happy with what's coming.
It's like put up or shut up and SonicBlue has chosen the later. I put faith in the empeg team that 2.0 will come to fruittion and there may even be developments beyond that. I, being beyond warranty, just hate the thought of not being able to replace my unit even though I have insurance.

Times are tough and the tough need to get going and lean up a bit. SonicBlue owes nothing to the owners. We have a working product, some of the promised features have yet to appear, but you could've happily saved your money had you not been an early adopter or seen the potential to hack your car stereo as a really good thing.

What seems to mean the most to me is that there is not one single post from Tony Fabris in this thread. He, in my opinion, has the most cause to feel ripped off.
Guys at empeg and Tony, thanks for the great product. My life will not be the same when it stops working or gets lost/stolen.

Let's keep this community alive.