The SB site never even mentioned VR; it mentions a microphone input only.

It did mention WMA was coming soon - and it was, for suitably large values of "soon"; yes, 2.0 is late but it's rather better to release something stable than a heap of junk.

Hugo, I'm on board with all of your points. I have carefully avoided saying that VR was promised on the RioCar site. However, it was definitely said on this BBS around the time of the 1.0 software release that VR would be coming in a future release. I'm sure you were all careful not to mention any specific date for this, but the fact remains that it was said to be on the horizon. Over a year later, some of us are wondering if it will ever come, especially when I have seen hints that it might be dropped given EOL status. Due to the licensing, etc. it would seem to be difficult to do without the backing of the parent company.

I am also in favor of getting it right before you release it. In another thread I've staunchly defended the decision to delay the 2.0 beta release in favor of something more stable. But I stand by my statement that the marketing literature (e.g. but certainly not limited to the aforementioned brochure) was WAY ahead of the actual ability to release the functionality, and that is bound to cause some uproar among consumers. We paid a premium for a product that promised to have certain advantages over what else is out there, and while we did get a lot of those advantages, we're still waiting on some.

To be honest, I will still get a lot of enjoyment out of my Empeg even if VR never makes it in. Furthermore, I would have bought mine even if VR wasn't mentioned. But it certainly was a feature that got my attention, and I would be very disappointed if it turned out to be another marketing hype "whiz-bang" feature that got left on the cutting room floor.

-Tony
MkII #554