Looks like lots of people are venting their ire, feeling betrayed and generally pissed off and pissing on the folks at empeg/SB.

Not me. I was an early Mk1 owner, upgraded to the MkII when it came out and now I've just gone ahead and bought a MkIIa and some accessories. The folks at empeg created, built and sold a great product - the empeg/Rio Car.

The fact that SB bought the empeg team shows great insight an forethought. Rob, Hugo, Rodger and the others really believe in the product (which is really the software) and have been here from day-1 supporting the user community in an incredible fashion.

I for one trust that when we need them, Hugo and the others will be there still for this community. I've had three empeg's - I still own two. Now I'm about to add a "spare" Rio Car to my collection.

Say what you will - SB realizes the outstanding team that they got when they bought empeg. We are sure to see some interesting stuff come from that team in the times ahead. I know that everytime I use my empeg(s) that I'm grateful to Hugo for having the foresight to build such a wonderful product and make it available to people like me.

=-Clarke

Queue 351, Now Mk II #60000022 18gb, Blue
______________________________________ Queue 351, Mk I, 30GB Mk II #60000022 80gb, Blue - docked Mk2a, 80GB, Bruface, lighted buttons and dial