As usual I have to agree with Rob.

Yes, I suppose you could feel like you have been used as a beta tester pulling this thing out of context and distorting what really happend. But I am sorry if I have to burst a bubble here and let you in on a little public secret. That's how EVERY consumer product works, for the small to the big. Do you think Pioneer or Alpine or whatever other carbrand one day sat down and designed a fully featured headunit that would last for ever ? Hell no, they design something, sell it, learn from their mistakes, take that knowledge and improve upon it and sell you a new headunit at which the cycle repeats. The same holds true for just about any other product. Think of my all time favorite : Microsoft Windows.

Yes, you can debate on wether that is supposed to make you feel any better or not but truth be said, at least our Empeg will still get software updates and with that new features (I hope) for a while (hopefully a long while). In the end I don't like it either but it can't be helped. I totally agree that it is a major bummer, but I strongly disagree that I feel screwed over.

Cheers

Mk2 - Blue & Red - 080000431