yn0t_: They have actually shown some displeasure at some of the order fulfillment woes

Agreed. This is easily verifiable on many threads throughout the BBS.

yn0t_: I wouldn't expect any Sonic Blue bashing, and in this instance, it seems the Empeg team agrees with the direction, though they might be a bit disappointed in the commercial failure of the Empeg.

No employer looks kindly upon having their employees expressing disparaging(sp?) comments in a public forum. In as much as no individual looks kindly upon such statements either. So, I must, on principle, agree with you.

It is difficult, to say the least, to accept that the empeg-car is a commercial failure. Maybe this is because we are all accustomed to observing visible signs of marketing activity in regards to products.

True enough, the empeg-car was exhibited at many trade shows, and Rob has stated that the 'Marketing Director' (I think that's the right person) was behind the empeg-car. We've all seen and read about product reviews from trade shows for items which never made it beyond the trade show. It was simply one hurdle which the empeg-car was not able to cross.

I'm not happy about it. I don't like it. I'm not required to like it. I am required to accept it. I can express my opinion about the whole situation. The fact still remains; there isn't anything to be done about it. There's lots of finger pointing going on, and, based on some of the apparently valid arguments, lots of blame to go around. Finger pointing and blaming, still won't change the situation.

"Once a woman has made up her mind that she doesn't like you, there isn't a damn thing you can do about it."