How do you type a moaning sound where it doesn't read like you're in some sex chat room?

Will a "Sigh..." work?

Quote:
I included one snippet from Bitt because it "said it all" to me: Christian-owned plumbing. I have encountered several merchants (somebody who I was going to have do some canvas for my boat...a moving company...a painting outfit) who gave me an estimate for work and their business card. I looked at the business card and there was that Christian fish (somewhat disguised in one case). I did not do business with them and I let them know why. What does the fish say? It says "You can trust me, I'm a Christian!" I can not help but infer what else it says -- it says "you just can't trust those other folks (like Jim the atheist!) as much". That pisses me off. And yes, when I see those cheap plastic fish on the backs of cars, I can't help but think the fish is singing "I'm going to Heaven! I'm going to Heaven!" And completely remarkable, the counterstrike Jesus fish eating the Darwin fish. What's up with that? Not very Christian if you ask me!

OK, so I'm an elitist.

Substitute the Christian symbols for anything else and I hope you'll see how prejudice you are being. At least you admit that you are an elitist, but it seems that being bigoted doesn't bother you. You are inferring that someone who is proud of their faith is somehow telling you that you're going to hell? Or that any other contractor is untrustworthy? Get over it, the world doesn't revolve around you and they are not putting that on their business cards or the side of their work vehicle for "you". They are doing it for themselves because they are proud. You act as if they should hold their head in shame.

Do you see how bad this is? Do you? I think that you're telling us more about yourself than you are about these Christians who offend you so much. I can see if you're talking about one of those guys that shows up at rock concerts and actually DOES tell everyone that they are going the hell, but that's not what you're talking about. (And those people do not, as far as I know, represent any facet of the Christian faith.) It's as if everytime you see a Christian proclaiming their faith, you think that these people are telling you that you're a bad person or something. I find it so offensive that you'll dismiss someone just because they are Christian. And that's exactly what you're doing if a fish on a business card makes your skin crawl so much. Oh wait, it's okay if their Christian, as long as they don't publically admit it. Sounds like Saudi Arabia to me.

Quote:
It says "You can trust me, I'm a Christian!"

No, it's saying "I'm proud of my faith." That's it.

My family's company has an American flag and an Italian flag in their logo. When you see that, do you think that we are saying "Don't let those Mexicans do the masonry work for you because we're Italian and we do it better"? We do it because my father-in-law is proud of this Italian heritage. There is also a sense of community involved, so many other Italians might seek us out. But we also do a lot of work for Iraqis, Palestinians, Lebanese, Poles, or mainstream Americans who respect the fact that he is proud of his heritage just like they are of theirs.

Is a person with a rainbow sticker on their car telling the world that they are inferrior if they are not gay? Should every straight person refuse to do work with someone who goes so low as to admit that they are gay? Of course not. So why is it okay to take that same attitude towards Christians.

It's amazing how politically correct it is now to attack Christians.