Quote:
In the USA this type of event happens every time a sports team loses (or wins) a major title.
I disagree. I lived in San Antonio when the Spurs won, and while there was much celebration no one did anything like set fire to a bus or any of the other things going on in France. And if by *every time* you mean *most of the time*, I'm not aware of many sports fan reactions that are anywhere near what France is experiencing right now.

Quote:

There's more reason to revolt in the US right now than likely anywhere in Europe, yet the US public continues to bend over to take it in the rear from the Bush administration.
There is very little reason to revolt in the US. Even if I give you that things are dire and the Bush administration is evil, etc., we can vote him out in three years. And while popular opinion may not be with Bush right now, the things he clearly stood for (war in Iraq being one) were in plain vew of the people of the US (the ones who'd be revolting) who voted him in. Has Bush really changed so much in only a year? Polls going down is one thing- taking up arms and revolting is something else entirely and I doubt Bush's credibility has fallen so low with the people who elected him that they'd feel such a measure was necessary. For better or worse, the US system is working and is self-correcting- I doubt a revolution could change things any quicker than an election, nor do the people seem to feel that such drastic steps are necessary.

Note that I am not commenting on the happenings in France at all- only what you've said about the US.