Quote:
There's WAY WAY WAY bigger things, i.e. THE WORLD COMMUNITY, to worry about than if two same sex couples can marry or if a woman can choose to have an abortion.
I’m not worried about same sex couples when it comes to the supreme court, and I’m guessing you don’t share my belief that an unborn child is a defenseless human with as much a right to life as you or I. However, from my perspective, when the law allows people to take the life of any defenseless group, including unborn children, that is a HUGE priority, rivaling the importance of “the world community” issues. When the taking of defensless life is at stake, that is something that deserves our undivided (myopic if you will) attention.

I assume you don't agree with my belief that an unborn child is a person with a right to life, and therefore it is wrong for someone to end that life. Doesn’t it make sense, though, that if I start from there, defending that right with all means available is a natural consequence? If some other group of people (one you and I agree deserved the right to live) was being killed every day, you'd probably think that was a big enough issue to be on par with "the world community".

Now I will say that I understand the other side. If an unborn child is not regarded as equal in rights to the rest of us, then I see why other issues are far more important to address. It is a natural consequence of your premise.

But I feel it is not wrong to place such a high priority on the value of life when you start from the premise I do. If you feel my premise is flawed, let's talk about that, but don't accuse me of focusing too much on something when that focus is a natural consequence of my premise.

Quote:
I hope there's enough money coming in from China when your Supreme Court overrules Roe v. Wade for all those unaborted fetuses to have an education and a job.
There are plenty of people not getting the money they need in the world, but I believe they still have the fundamental right to live.