Quote:
Jeff: "it is a foundational problem with our country. We can’t control ourselves."
What humans can control themselves? It's a foundational problem with our species. We're all animals.
Well yes, kind of my point. Deomcracy is ultimately doomed (I think) because of this foundational problem with our species. If we can't control ourselves, how do we think we'll govern ourselves?

The problem is that if there is a form of government that isn't suceptible to the limits of humanity, we haven't found it. Democracy isn't perfect, but it's the best we can do. Unfortunatly, because it's the best (and I believe that), many people assume that it is perfect and the natural order of things (God ordained even), none of which is true.

Knowing the limitations of Democracy is the first step to keeping it successful. I am afraid most people in the U.S. don't even consider the limitations and dangers of Democracy- the natural result is that we fall victim to those limitations and dangers. National Bankruptcy is probably the most obvious threat and one we are realizing very quickly.