Quote:
Oh, I've no doubt. I’m not crazy about Bush and haven’t been for a while, but I’m certain if I were in your shoes I’d be completely ticked off. Because you live in a country that has by majority endorsed a candidate and policy you despise. I get that- but the system is working, just not in your favor. Fortunately for you, it looks like the majority of the country is agreeing with you now, which means you might be able to rectify the situation in just a few short years.

Jeff, I am going to say that I find some of what you are saying a little bizarre. "If I were in your shoes"..."just not in your favor". Dang, I would have sworn that you were in our shoes and we in yours. What to make of this? I don't know. If I were waiting for Armaggedon, I could see it -- Who cares about shoes when the Rapture is moments away?

But 5 or 10 years from now you *do* plan on being on the planet with the rest of us, don't you?

You think the system is working and I find your opinion pretty surprising.

OK, you have spent a lot of time hemming and hawing about "I'm not crazy about Bush" and such like, but help me out on the whole "shoes" thing:

Knowing everything that you do know now....

Wind the clock back to November 2004 and vote: Bush or Kerry?

Wind the clock back to November 2000 and vote: Bush or Gore?

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.