Quote:
Jeff, I am going to say that I find some of what you are saying a little bizarre. "If I were in your shoes"..."just not in your favor". Dang, I would have sworn that you were in our shoes and we in yours. What to make of this?
I am not in your shoes because I DON'T think Bush is evil, and I don't think a lot of what you guys claim about his adminstration is true. I think he has turned out to be a poor leader who has made some bad decisions, but I don't buy a lot of the rhetoric about his motives for the war and other claims of the left. I also think he did lie and that makes him unfit to be president, but I wasn't given a choice I could live with.

Quote:
You think the system is working and I find your opinion pretty surprising.

The system is working from the aspect that we've gotten what the people want- Bush is not some guy who just happened to be president. We as a country wheighed the options and decided he was the person for that office. But it's more than one president. We as a people have made all kinds of decisions that have given this country direction- the car is going where the people have decided it should.

Where the system may be failing is that the collective "we" might be driving the car of a cliff- from that standpoint I AM in your shoes. But if so, that's more than just one election. That's about how we as a people have decided to live our lives and how those choices have been lived out in the leadership of our country.

If we are headed for dissaster, it is not because of Bush, Clinton, or any other president. It is because we the people blew it.

Quote:
Wind the clock back to November 2004 and vote: Bush or Kerry?

Wind the clock back to November 2000 and vote: Bush or Gore?
Bush in both cases because of the Supreme court. I don't like any of the choices, really, but given those that's the way I'd have to vote.

But honestly, I'm upset that I wasn't given better choices to begin with. Once again, it comes down to how we've goverened our own country. We made the choices that put Bush and Kerry as the only two options and forced ourselves to chose between them.

I guess my point is there's really no reason to revolt here because if we are in a mess, it's a mess of our own doing. Our time and effort would be much better spent trying to fix our problems that taking up arms. That has not been historically true for most people unhapy with the direction of their countries.