I think alot of what someone does is a product of several things...moral character, physical abilities, and conditioning.
about 15 years ago, I was at a strip mall type thing, walking to my car. I hear a woman scream "Help! Stop him!!" The guy running towards me had his hand in a 'hoodiie' type sweatshirt pocket. Fortunatly, my brain is kind of stupid, I was in the military for years, and my reactions worked faster than my brain. I closelined the guy, and when he went down, he hit the ground (asphault parking lot stuff) he went unconcious. The woman came running up to me and said he had mugged her for her billfold from her purse. I check his pocked got the billfold check confirmed that it was hers by her driver's license. I gave it to her as she was thanking me. Now is when my brain caught up to the situtation. I told her to call the cops right now, and I guess he just slipped and hit the ground hard. She looked puzzeled. I then went back into one of the shops in the strip mall and broswed for a while until the cops showed up, hauled the guy off, and left.
I was not brave, I was stupid, as the guy could of had a firearm and shot/killed me, or since he was bigger than I (I am a small person) he could have really kicked my ass if he had not 'become one with the ground'. And, since it today's culture, he would have probably sued me, I did not want to be identified or involved. Really a coward. But, call me old fashion, or politically incorrect, when I hear a woman scream or see a woman being attacked by some big ass, it just really pisses me off...
Ok...Flame on!