Quote:
Quote:
1) Live in a apartment - provided free by the government

The projects in my city are largely not free. In addition, getting a job doesn't increase your rent for 18 months, so you won't be taking in less money just because you started working.

Quote:
3) Free heath care at the local clinic - provided by the government

Free clinics are not run by the government, but they are largely open only during business hours and even then desperately understaffed, which means that people usually get sent away.

In my part of the country we have section 8 housing and other housing benefits that provides free housing, for life. We also have “city” hospitals that are required to take all patients regardless of the ability to pay. My cousin was a nurse at one for a time. I imagine the hospital receives subsidies from the government for this requirement. The services are limited mostly to emergency services. So if you’re poor and have a cold you go to the trauma center for treatment. This then clogs the trauma center with sore throat victims while real trauma patents are left waiting. Also the cost of a trauma center visit is much more expensive than a doctor’s office call. Eventually tax payers pay the cost.