Quote:
The bad thing is... I have stopped pulling over for emergency vehicles, and I feel guilty every time. If I do try to pull off, people just blow my doors off as they pass by.

So what? You should still pull over.

I live directly across the street from a hospital, on a six lane divided boulevard (3 on each side). Yesterday I heard an ambulance siren, which is actually odd to hear because the ambulances coming and going from the hospital have some sort of noise respect zone going where they turn their sound off when close to the hospital. I looked out my window to see three cars lined up side by side at the red stop light, and an ambulance directly behind them in the center lane, all lights and sirens blaring, and the driver screaming at the car in front of him over his loud speaker to get the hell out of the way. Utterly amazing. The person didn't even think to move until they were yelled at by the driver... and then slowly crept out of the way. WTF. GET OUT OF THE WAY PEOPLE. I see this kind of crap ALL the time here in SF. It's reaaaly bad. I always think how I could never be an ambulance driver, I'd just end up plowing through jack asses bumpers.