Quote:
Oh boy, I really don't want to get into this discussion, but I'm too curious.

To those who are arguiing to always step in (Webroach, primarily), I have a question: when you're driving, do you drive the exact speed limit or less? Do you stay in your lane no matter how fast the people behind you want to go?

I don't think these questions are comparable to the situation at hand. Right, wrong, moral, immoral and amoral don't always jive with law. We only have to go back to our debate about gay marriage, or abortion, or other similar hot-topics to show that.

The speed limit is one of those things where, depending on the context, it doesn't hurt anyone, and isn't really "wrong", aside from it being "against the law". When I'm in a school zone, I drive at, or below the speed limit. When I was driving home from the Grand Canyon over the weekend, across the desert, I was driving 80+ MPH, along with everyone else. Sure, I was "wrong" according to an arbitrarily set law, but I was also "right" to follow the flow of traffic, since studies have shown it to be a safer way to drive, and I certainly have no moral feelings one way or the other about speed limits.

As to your second question, yes, I stay in my lane, no matter how fast people behind me want to go (unless it's an emergency vehicle, of course), but then I'm one of those people who tries to stay in the right lane unless passing, anyway, so I seldom block speeders in the first place. The times I do block someone, then tough noogies -- flashing your lights, weaving around so I can see you in my mirrors, and tailgating isn't going to help your cause. It's my lane, and I'll move over when I'm ready to. Funnily enough, there have been a few times where I've had a tailgater moron behind me in such a hurry to pass me (while I'm passing someone else), that, as soon as they have space to squeak around, they attempt to pass on the right, only to have me cut them off as I change back into the lane I'm supposed to be in.