Quote:
Quote:

You like calling people ignorant, but I don't think you know what that word means. You like ignoring facts because you don't like the truth they uncover.

It is you who seem to be ignorant of the difference between correlation and causation. Here's some help. In a nutshell, it is a logical fallacy to take statistics correlating crime with skin color and draw the conclusion that someone is more likely to commit a crime *because* of their skin color.

Yeah, I never said black skin = lust for crime. That's something ithoughti wishes I said. I suppose if what I quoted above was saying "But to say that a black man is more likely to commit a crime is ignorant, racist and wrong.", everything would be fine with you.

Quote:
Matt actually addressed this in the post you've selectively quoted from. You'd do well to go back and address the rest of his post.

Very well then...

------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Wow Rob, I like you, but you are saying some really ignorant shit in this thread.

Be prepared to not like me because you and I will never agree.

Quote:
I don't have "White Guilt".

Oh no?

Quote:
And I never said his statistics were not correct in numbers, I disagree with the conclusions that people draw because of them.

I live in the real world where the statistics match exactly what I see happening. I don't have to draw conclusions. People's actions draw them for me.

Quote:
It means NOTHING when you say that "black people commit most crimes" while that may be statistically true...

Being statistically true means it's true.

Quote:
...their commiting of crimes has nothing to do with the color of their skin (in an absolute sense) and almost everything to do with every other reason.

I never said skin color determines how people act. Skin color usually will determine who you hang out with and look up to, and these are usually people of your color.

Blacks often look up to rappers that promote a thug-like lifestyle, drinking constantly, multiple sex partners, and using improper grammar.

At the same time, white kids these days appear to emulate the kids on The OC or Laguna Beach.

Both cases are unfortunate, but I'd rather be facing a bitchy, spoiled kid in a dark alley than someone that idolizes Suge Knight and 50-Cent.

Quote:
Of course, all too often their situation is indirectly influenced because of their color.

If we keep making it easier to live without working, that's never going to change.

Quote:
But to say that a black man is more likely to commit a crime because he is black is ignorant, racist and wrong.

Again, I never said black people commit more crime simply because their skin is black. Of course there are more factors at play.

Quote:
Do you REALLY think that anyone wants to live in a poor neighborhood?

I think I already answered this question in a reply to another one of your posts.

Quote:
and your comment about Asians and others coming to this country and running conveinence stores?? What the hell are you even trying to say?

I think I made it perfectly clear the first time, but I will elaborate. Most people (black or white) would consider working in a convenience store to be a shitty job. I know it varies, but in this area, almost all of these stores are owned by first generation immigrants from India, Pakistan, Philippines, Slavic countries, etc...

It seems to me that many people on welfare would rather not take these types of jobs/opportunities. They're much more comfortable doing nothing all day and getting paid for it.

Quote:
Are you implying that blacks are poor because they are lazy?

If you give anyone enough money to get by (and purchase flashy clothes and bling) for doing nothing, of course they're not going to be motivated to get a real job.

Quote:
Did you think before you sat down at your keyboard?

Yes

Quote:
I don't know if you are trying to be offensive, but it's working on me.

I am what I am. I don't think anything I said is incorrect, but your PC hangups might see things differently. I know when we met, it was about 30-45 minutes west of Boston which happens to be very white. My family and friends live and work in and around New York City. All crimes committed against them have been by black men.
  • My 85 year old aunt was mugged at knife-point in The Bronx in broad daylight.
  • My friend was mugged and beaten over the head by a gang of four guys while walking home from work in Edgewater, NJ. He had to go to the hospital.
  • My family's store in Times Square (a reasonably safe neighborhood) was robbed at gunpoint by a gang of five men during regular business hours. Would you like your Grandfather, aunt and uncle to have a gun in their face?