Quote:

See the Pound Cake Speech. I guess Bill Cosby (a black man) is also a fool.

I don't know if you're trying to be politically correct or if you're just burdened with a tremendous amount of white guilt.

I didn't look for anything to disprove Billy's "statistics," but I think it should be noted that I had to reason to doubt them. I know which neighborhoods to stay away from at night.

I think a lot of them have no problem living there.

Indians and other South Asians come to this country for its opportunity. They figure out how to get a Dunkin Donuts, 7-Eleven, or gas station franchises and make something of themselves and future generations.

Take a drive through Spring Valley, NY and you see black guys during all hours of the day on the street corner, drinking out of paper bags, and hanging out in bodegas. I know of no other community of people where such a large number of young males simply don't work.

Yeah, there are bad white neighborhoods, but I can only think of two within 100 miles of me. Every black neighborhood I can think of is considered bad, and not just by me. A glance at any local paper will let you know.

Wow Rob, I like you, but you are saying some really ignorant shit in this thread. I don't have "White Guilt". And I never said his statistics were not correct in numbers, I disagree with the conclusions that people draw because of them. It means NOTHING when you say that "black people commit most crimes" while that may be statistically true, their commiting of crimes has nothing to do with the color of their skin (in an absolute sense) and almost everything to do with every other reason. Of course, all too often their situation is indirectly influenced because of their color.

But to say that a black man is more likely to commit a crime because he is black is ignorant, racist and wrong.

Do you REALLY think that anyone wants to live in a poor neighborhood? and your comment about Asians and others coming to this country and running conveinence stores?? What the hell are you even trying to say? Are you implying that blacks are poor because they are lazy? Did you think before you sat down at your keyboard? I don't know if you are trying to be offensive, but it's working on me.

Edited by ithoughti (05/12/2006 18:03)