"One quick solution could be a script that scans the FIDs, and does soft links to an MP3 filename for centro to scan/use. If I remember right, emplode simply passes the MP3 file through, preserving ID3 tags while also writing the second FID file with the relevant ID3 info."

Yes, that would work quite well :-)

If Centro is pointed at the FIDS direcory it will play the non-text files within it, it just displays the name as "/FIDS/NNN" rather than anything useful. Eiether your idea of a set of links or some extra code to make Centro aware of FIDS would do the job :-)

I thought about replacing the filename with the ID3 tag but not all files have the tag populated, what the player needs to do it recognise FIDS, produce a playlist with only the real mp3 data files and then fill in the title text using the text data in the text FID file. I wont have time this week to look at it.

The other way is just as valid, a set of symlinks would work short term. Just change "MP3DIR0=/drive0" to "MP3DIR0=/drive0/links" in player.cfg and create directory of links. Works well if the link filenames are meaningful :-)

Jon

Edited by jonshouse (03/05/2013 23:22)