Quote:
Is the new player software a feature complete empeg re-do? I.e. in all the youtube vids, I see only visuals. Is the other part of the player SW there? I.e. playlist? "down down down" shuffle all? Browse music, enqueue songs, etc?

Nope !! never really used my empeg on anything other than Random play. I did not use Emplode in the past 8 years as it crashes on my Windows boxes. I never really wanted mp3 management as such so I have put zero effort into that part of it. My hope was if people where interested they would take it and develop it, I suspect its a bit of a dead end project but it keeps me entertained :-)

Centro builds what I called (for want a better term) playlists. They are nothing more than a list of filenames from a directory containing MP3 files. Its very crude, the best that can be said is that it works (mostly).

You can enter track by number from the remote control, skip forwards and backwards and that is about it.

I will improve it one day, I concentrated on the hard bits - getting the real time audio/visuals to work on 3 platforms (Linux/X11, empeg hardware, Raspberry Pi hardware), other than those parts it offers little but a few subtle bugs and lots of missing features ! My honesty is why I am not in marketing.....

Cheers,

Jon