Quote:
No promosis but I will see what I can do. Any reason it has to be x86?

Any cheap hardware that allows a new, updated Empeg device in my car would be superb to me as well.

But, ALSO, in addition to the above, and to answer to you question on why x86:

>>> In-CAR PC.
Today there already are real PCs (i3, i5 processors) in Tablet form factor. With those and software like your, one could have a real in-car PC that ALSO offers the empeg experience.

Also, this could be a device you don't leave in the car, unless you want to. This is a device you take with you for work or any other reason. A real tablet PC.
The UX I would love for myself includes using this tablet PC docked for work, at home on the couch, travelling. In other words, ALL the things I do today with my laptop and can't do nearly as well with my iPad. BUT ALSO, with a software like yours, I could dock in in my car and start the Empeg software, and replicate the BEST, by far, in car experience ever.

One more idea (which I quickly mentioned in an earlier post): why not an "App"?
Also interesting, even though less for those like me who like full featured tablet-pcs (x86), would be to make this an App for the most popular OSs: Android, for Android tablets (or phones?), iPad (hoping one can easily replicate the empeg experience using mp3s on the iPad), Windows (where one could easily use MP3s on the local file system). This could get an interesting and, who knows, popular App if its GUI is designed for in-car use (which means, to me, large icons and fonts, and touch).

The fact is, it seems to me we are really a step away from making our smartphones and tablets the main way to control our on board stereo system. If you put an Empeg-like App on them, and people start to realize its potential, who knows, that could even, maybe, create some market.

To sum up, I see three things here:

1. New cheap dedicated hardware for a revamped, possibly inexpensive, Empeg. --> Raspberry Pi, for example
2. Empeg as an APP for most popular OS ecosystems (Android, iOS, Windows Phone)
3. Empeg as an App/software for PC OSs (Linux, Windows) for in-car PCs.

Pretty cool, I think. But, again, I am just thinking out loud and throwing out ideas one may or may not like.

As Doug, I'd be standing in line to get it, and happily pay for it. Of course, not easy to say how many others would. For me, I'd pay way more than the cost of a standard App for this.
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg