I had the same reaction. I just returned from a 2 week vacation, driving 27 hours on both ends of that. With no empeg. Yeah, we my son's iPhone (with his music), but the stock stereo wouldn't bluetooth with it properly, and the USB connection was buggy on the iPhone end. So basically I was stuck with 3 CDs and radio all the way from upstate NY to southern FL (1600 miles). One thing I realized, virtually ALL radio stations play the same songs (by genre). Heard the same country songs on country stations, same pop on pop, same classic rock on classic rock, etc. SO infuriating.

So, yep, Im DEFINITELY in line for one of these displays to use as an extender. As soon as Jon is ready. I think he's getting the IR stuff sorted out (I dont really even care about that, but I can wait).

I jammed my Empeg into an old "case logic" DIN cary bag last night, with a RCA to 1/8" cable and a power cable, and its sitting on my center console right now like the world's biggest iPod. I think I will keep it that way until I can get the extender and then I will trunk mount it. So good to have music back... and easy access, shuffle, cross fade, paramatric eq, etc. Forgot how much I missed this stuff.