Originally Posted By: jonshouse

The screen capture shows a front end X11 display process and a button process talking to a Centro player process.

Does the video clarify it, this is all on the PC. In this instance, the Centro player process and the two front end processes running on Debian desktop linux (that is 3 programs). You can split and have the player on a Pi board and front end on the PC, or swap them round, or have mulitiple front ends - I did say it was confusing....

Jon, so I take it what when you said the "player software has no GUI at all", you meant you were using a separate software as a GUI/front end, and that the player software per se did not have it. Great, it makes sense and offers a great deal of flexibility.

You are operating on that via mouse on a PC, and I think that touch would work better in the specific case of an in-car PC, where your software would be fantastic, I am thinking. But, please do not take this as criticism to your work, that is fantastic. I am just thinking out loud here smile

Quote:

You are aware PC is not the same as "Windows" ?

Are you being sarcastic here? smile There's no need to be, Jon, please read all my messages as friendly and if they seemed otherwise I am sincerely sorry.

Edited by Taym (11/05/2013 14:07)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg