Over the past week I finally got 5 minutes to myself, to attempt to dissassemble the dash on my 2010 Hyundai. I REALLY want room to fit my Mark2a. But it will require either ditching the stock system (which I actually like) or a lot of hacking structure.

I hopped on here today on a whim, first time in months, and what do I see...

First, great work! Im so glad to see some new life for what is STILL arguably the BEST player (software, and hardware) for car use ever.

Second, I have a few questions, even after reading this whole thread:

- Is the new player software a feature complete empeg re-do? I.e. in all the youtube vids, I see only visuals. Is the other part of the player SW there? I.e. playlist? "down down down" shuffle all? Browse music, enqueue songs, etc?

- The new display board: Heck yea! Finally a solution to my "dimmed out" VFD problem. My only request - can this PLEASE be made so that the empeg can be remote mounted? I.e. max display cable length measured in meters? At least say 50cm? That would let many of us breathe new life into our old empegs... I know for sure myself and my brother, and cousin (who bought one of the first Mk2's) would all consider this.

Where can I read more? I have to share this. I think, despite the "slow" response from the dozen or two people on this board, that once word filters out, and this becomres more documented and "turn key" there will be many more adopters of this.

This is what I have dreampt of (mostly) for ages. Being able to BUILD a modular "empeg" with the SAME GREAT interface/options! One that will fit with a modern car, has different display/control options, etc.

Wow. Great start. Im going to be visiting this thread a lot, and will be ordering a RP today...

J