No offense taken.

I understand your project, looked at the diagrams, looked at the videos, understand the software architecture you've designed, and most likely will be testing it on one of my empegs.

Having said all this, my first post was underlying one particular possible usage of your project, and was based on the assumption/understanding that you were doing on a PC (whatever OS) what you are in fact doing: replicating the Empeg UI on screen, making it a GUI in all regards.

And that is: IN-CAR PC.

I've been thinking for a while that current tablets would be quite interesting if used as an in-car PC. There are some iPads hacked as such, but my personal problem with that is that
1. an iPad is not a PC, so I've been waiting for an some x86 tablet to hit the market. That's happening now.
2. I don't know of any software that can get close what I consider the best ui and feature set for an audio player in a car: the Empeg.

So, an all-software empeg on a x86 tablet is very, very interesting. The Empeg device is now old, not in production, and everyone here is complaining that there's no such car player in the market anymore. I've been complaining about that for years now smile
Now, you can revive the empeg, with your software, in many ways: on all the hardware you mentioned (Pi, existing Empeg) but ALSO and very interestingly on an x86 tablet, and THAT can get in a car. In other words, you can take the empeg experience and free if from the hardware (now obsolete) that it was originally conceived for. In particular, bringing it on X86 tablet seems to me a wonderful opportunity.

That's what I am talking about. smile

Edited by Taym (12/05/2013 15:17)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg