I would probably fit under the "bible thumper" category mentioned previously

Hmmm. Not by my definition. I don't hear any thumping from you or revlmwest, and there are plenty of folks who are devout in their varied ways who I wouldn't put in that category. I guess I use it when I encounter aggressive prosyletizers or watch somebody like a TV evengelist shouting about righteousness and how some other people are doomed. Oh, I guess it gets more complicated than that but probably not worth bogging down this thread with that...

My personal opinion is that marriage means a woman and a man, and actually a bit more than that as well. But of course if you have a different premise you will obviously come to a different conclusion.

In my gut, I still think of marriage as a man-woman phenomenon, and I *do* sometimes wonder why some gays/lesbians consider themselves absolutely entitled to something like reproduction if their "social biology" (rotten term maybe) isn't built that way.

OTOH, I wonder what the fuss is about. Are we concerned that gays will actually have health insurance or other benefits as a result of marriage? I'd almost vote for *anything* that helps somebody get health insurance in this country! Are we afraid that married gay parents will churn out an army of gay children? Don't think it works that way. What I hear a lot (I think) is that folks are against creating additional institutions (same-sex marriage) that will help create or reinforce the perception that homosexuality is normal. Well, I think history shows pretty clearly that it is normal, so somehow trying to defeat this perception doesn't seem like a worthy goal.

The actual details of who is entitled to what? How is it that folks who aren't willing to have reproductive sex still feel the need/right to reproduce? I don't know.

Oh, what bothers me about the whole Gay-Lesbian-Bisexual-Transgender thing?? No acronym.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.