Lost amid societies rampant pursuit of political correctness the word "tolerance" is almost without value.

I'm starting to feel like "political correctness" is becoming some sort of "argumentum ad dymo" -- apply the label and whatever you stick it to is supposed to look cheesy. I'm not 100% sure of the point you are trying to make, but I did click over and look at the two items you referenced. What I saw, well, I think I detected some weaknesses in each that I think are maybe worth spending some time trying to deconstruct....except that I have to get up at 5AM to go away for 2 days (I'll try to pay some attention to those when I return).

In the meantime, I guess I could put this to you: I'm an atheist and I probably meet most folks' broad definition of a "liberal", while I'm guessing that, on both counts, you are probably not. Looking at those Kessler/Beckwith pieces, I could perhaps be led to believe that I am the guilty party from a tolerance perspective. So, I ask: In what ways could I be more tolerant in a fashion that would help remedy your seeming complaint that tolerance ain't what it used to be?

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.