Unfortunately, his argument is not terribly well presented, and, in fact, I don't agree with a few of his points. However, his thesis more-or-less equates to mine, and, in fact, I didn't find that page until I needed a reference. I have held that belief for many years. However, the refutation also contains some good arguments.

Regardless, it makes a lot of sense to me. If you don't agree, that's fine. However, it could be said that Paul invented modern Christianity (he certainly came up with most of those dogma -- I don't believe that Jesus ever said anything about homosexuality, for example) and he was obviously feeling a lot of guilt about something he was doing. And since he came up with those rules, he could have just changed them. Which leads one to the conclusion that he wanted to feel guilty, which could be at least a part of a possible explanation for why a gay person might want to be part of a Christian organization. (And I don't mean to offend any gay folks out there. But there are a large number of people who do things that they think are wrong, but have no desire to change, and I, personally have no explanation for that, but it seems to fit some sort of psychological taxonomy.