I am currently in a long term relationship with a golden retriever. I love her and she loves me. We had our wedding day all planned out months in advance, but when the day came the priest backed out and said he couldn't marry us because my fiance won't be able to say "I do". I then asked him how deaf mutes get married. I showed him that she shakes positively when asked "if she does". He wasn't impressed. He said it's a free country and we can love eachother all we want, but he couldn't marry us because it's, quote, "abnormal". All we want to do is get married so we can live happily ever after, along with all the benefits from the state. We deserve the rights of any other loving couple and we should be recognized and accepted like all other married folks are.

Sure, as an interspecies couple we may be in the minority and some people may consider us weird, but we're no different in our dreams and ambitions. We just want to start a family. Besides, it's been shown throughout history that interspecies relationships are normal - just look at the donkey or the killer bee! We were just born this way and we fell in love and the state should recognize that and give us our health insurance. My fiance takes a liking to antifreeze eventhough it's not too healthy for her, and I try to keep it out of her reach, but I want that insurance just in case.

When our constant attempts at producing offspring continuously failed, we seriously considered adoption as a viable alternative. Needless to say, our application for a human child was denied, eventhough they claimed but failed to prove that my partner is indeed an unfit mother. They offered other alternatives such as finding a male golden retriever to donate sperm, but I didn't like the idea of another creature knocking up the love of my life, even if it was artificially inseminated. We eventually ended up taking in a neighbor's kitten that was being given away, and although me and my partner are unmarried and our child is a bastard, we are one big happy family.

This was my second attempted marriage and that's why I wanted it done right. My previous attempt with my ex Crystal also wasn't recognized by the state, or anyone else for that matter - they actually called her discriminatory objectist slurs such as "pet rock"!