Are we concerned that gays will actually have health insurance or other benefits as a result of marriage? I'd almost vote for *anything* that helps somebody get health insurance in this country!

This sort of touches on what bothers me about the issues of sexual preferences/religious preferences/race/etc. and the issues they "demand." Why should homosexuals/religous groups/ethnic groups be given special rights/protections through laws that are called "hate crimes." If you commit murder or assault be it black on black or white on white, it should be treated the same as if it were white on black person or redneck on homosexual. It's all hate when you kill or hurt someone intentionally and there shouldn't be any guidelines as to the punishment for it. I can't recall ever hearing a murder of a white by a black or a heterosexual by a homosexual being called a hate crime. Seems like a one way street there because the one attacked is in the minority so it is automatically a hate crime. It's a crime, punishable by the laws that govern it, plain and simple.
And that brings me to my opinion that gays should not have any more rights than a straight person, but I think that they should not be denied any rights that a straight human being has becasue they are gay. Same for their religious preference, color of their skin or whatever makes them different than another person.
Diversity is what makes the world an interesting place, if everyone were the same, it would be pretty damn boring here on Earth...

That's my $0.02