Quote:
First: I love how the Left is trying to redefine marriage from what it has been through out history yet the Right is considered "radical" for wanting to maintain having marriage equal a man and a woman. Doesn't that strike anyone a little odd? I mean, YOUR side is the one trying to redefine marriage and WE get demonized for defending it.

First, I believe the people that are really bringing this up are the gay people, not the "left". We just have a vested interest in civil liberties, which, despite posturing, the Republican party does not seem to have. Well, unless you're rich and white.

Well, "radical" means two different things. It means both "extreme" and "devoted to extreme change". I don't believe anyone with a brain in their heads (which does not automatically include or exclude everyone on either side) would think that your position complies with the latter. I believe that it complies with the former, though, though I would never use that term due to it's imprecision.

On the other hand, there is a basic tenet of our country that states that people should be given the opportunity to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". I think it's an important one. I still do not see how allowing people to share in the joy (and despair) of marriage prevents anyone else from pursuing those goals, yet it is clear to see how preventing people from marrying does prevent them from pursuing those goals. Not only that, and perhaps more importantly, it prevents the country from pursuing those goals, and that seems pretty radical to me, in both of those definitions.