Quote:

I appreciate your honesty, but don't you see that this is a huge part of the problem with the issue of gay marriage? That people are against it without really understanding why? Without really knowing the realities of it?

Sure, but I don't want to ban anyone from doing anything, whereas those pushing this amendment do. My personal aversion towards polygamy is tempered by my fondness for civil liberties.

Quote:
Please remember that not everybody views bearing and rasing children as a goal to be accomplished. Some of us never want children.

Yeah, in the part you quoted I'm obviously speaking of just those who've decided they do want kids.

Quote:
Well, being a strong athiest, I can't say I have anything to do with your "real-world examples" that you're familiar with, but I'm sure TWMBO will be pleased to know that they (we?) are merely "distasteful" and not necessarily "bad for society".

Hey, you asked for my opinions and I gave them to you. It's not like you average American has a lot of exposure to polygamy outside of the well-known examples I've cited, whereas most people have at some point come into contact with a homosexual friend or family member. If one of my childhood friends had two moms and three dads around the house, maybe my opinions would be different, but that's not how things worked out.