Quote:
Murder is illegal because we believe it to be wrong.
Stealing is illegal because we believe it to be wrong.
Almost everything against the law is there because we as a society BELIEVE it to be wrong.

How can someone's rights be abridged unless we have some belief about what those rights are?

It seems to me that taking things from another individual without his consent is the basis for that act being illegal. That is empirical. There are a few "victimless" crimes here and there (which I personally believe are immoral laws), but they are fairly few and far between.

However, in no way does two men getting married take anything from you. I can guarantee that none of the rights guaranteed by this country is that you are guaranteed to agree with every decision made. Especially the ones that don't affect you.

I can totally understand why you find homosexuality icky. What I still cannot comprehend is why you think it has anything to do with you. No one getting married will affect you in any way, homo- or heterosexual. Denying gay people marriage won't change the way they live; it will only show them how much we as a society dislike them.